Sunday 20 September 2009

News!

Well, the aforementioned 'Roy' has had his contract terminated, great news, if only we had not wasted circa £75,000 on this idiot (arguably this figure should be closer to £150,000 as he added little value to the office during his tenure).

So me, well I have been thinking long and hard, whilst sat in the newly established roadworks on the M6. I am not in any financial position to pack in work, sell up and move to Cornwall or some remote part of Scotland. So I have to make my lot as good as it can be whilst I feather my nest for future foraging adventures.

We have a new contract at work, and the new base is only 20 miles from my house. This will not only reduce my carbon footprint but also shave at least 2 hours per day off my commute. I have enquired about any positions at this location and will hopefully get the chance to have a chat with one of the Directors there. We live in hope.

Meanwhile, I am overdrawn again, so have to scrape pennies to go and pay the overdraft amount tomorrow. Another 10 days of scrimping for diesel to look forward to, along with prayers that no unexpected bills require payment before pay-day. I so love working like a dog for about 8 pence of free cash at the end of the month!

Oh well, onwards and upwards Rodney!

No comments:

Post a Comment